Takai Yama Japanese Cuisine

Takai Yama is one of those places that you have go out of your way to visit.

You'll find it on your way out of Baguio City through Kennon Road. Like other places in Baguio, it is a residential house converted into a restaurant.

The restaurant overlooks Camp 7 or 8 Barangay, benefits from natural lighting, and has modest interiors. The server on duty was very friendly. We only saw her and the man who I assumed to be the sushi chef.
Seaweed Salad
We ordered Gyudon (PHP240), Mix Sashimi (P345), Chirashi Don (PHP280), California Maki (PHP180), Tempura, Miso Soup, Teppanyaki Bento and Takai Soup. For 4 adults and 2 kids, our total bill ran up to more or less PHP2,400.

Chirashi Don
I was satisfied with my meal, albeit I would have wanted my gyudon to be less sweeter.

The servings were more than enough for someone with a regular appetite like mine. I am not sure if this is influenced by my affinity to Yoshinaya's very simple gyudon.

Sushi Platter (looks bitin, I know)
Gyudon
My kids loved their tempura. They were crispy on the outside. The salmon and tuna sashimi were served at the temperature I expected. In Baguio, some restos serve their sashimi seemingly straight from the refrigerator.
Teppanyaki Bento

I liked the California Maki and their Miso Soup. They used real Japanese rice, too.

The plating has room for improvement.

While the restaurant didn't particularly stand out from the rest, like Chaya at Legarda Road, for example, I think we got good value for our money at Takai Yama.

Takai Yama Japanese Cuisine
Camp 7, Baguio City






Comments