Walking is good for the soul


Some people just love to walk, I included.

But if I'd walk along eeky pavements and polluted streets on a very hot and humid day, I'd rather not walk at all even if it's healthy.

Since it's 'generally' colder here in Baguio City than most of the cities in the Philippines, you can enjoy a leisurely walk even at 12noon. At times, you do have to check though, because you'd feel cold enough to even notice that the sun is already damaging your skin.

Further, I love looking at the outfits of people walking, then making mental comments as I observe. (Of course, both positive and negative.)

You don't get to see trench coats, scarves and boots as ordinarily as you'd see them here. Some schools here also have those cute preppy uniforms, which remind you of English boarding schools. My nephew's uniform in pre-school included a beret and he looked so cute in it. White collar workers have no problem using business formal clothes.

At times, I treat Session Road as a runway of sorts.

One other thing - at night, after 7 o'clock, or in the early morning, before 7:30 - the streets will be lined with ukay-ukay! Generally, the prices will be lower than the permanent ukay-ukay stalls. There will be other stuff on sale, like fruits, household items and whatnots. And these lure me into spending on things I don't need sometimes. But it's fun and it's like you're window shopping.

What I don't like is that it usually rains in the afternoon and I usually have muddy splatters on my shoes and pants. There's too much traffic on overpasses too so you just have to avoid the rush hours.

Comments

Post a Comment